Explore, Play, and Grow
Summer Camps at Our PlayHouse encourage hands-on learning as children explore their interests in the indoor and outdoor classroom. As children talk, hypothesize and problem solve with their peers, they gain a richer understanding of each topic. Topics include a curriculum based on daily sensory, art, building and movement activities, along with plenty of outdoor play!
Each 2-week session of camp will focus on students’ interests within the topics of wild animals, art and invention, stories and tall tales, and scientific discoveries. During the sessions, teachers will work to provide materials and provocations to allow children to explore each topic in greater depth.
OPH summer camps are available for children ages 1-5, with morning (8:30am-12:30 pm) and extended day (3:00pm) options. Flexible 2, 3, and 5 day schedules are available, depending on age. Toddlers must be registered for our fall program to attend summer camp. If a toddler is not enrolled for the fall they need to be enrolled for a significant portion of camp (4 or more weeks).
To register for summer camp, please complete the Summer Camp Registration Form. After completing the online registration, families will receive an email confirmation and an invoice for total cost.
2017 Summer Camps
June 5-June 9
June 12-June 16
Children will learn how a seed transforms into a snack, getting their hands dirty in the process. Our days will include harvesting snacks, searching for bugs, exploring outdoors, and making art from nature. This camp is teeming with gardening and goodies and is sure to be loads of fun!
The Enchanted Forest
June 19-June 23
June 26-June 30
In this nature-focused camp children will turn over logs to discover hidden creatures beneath them, spy on songbirds amongst the trees and imagine the forest through the eyes of a squirrel. We’ll seek out the magic amongst the trees as we search for gnomes and build houses for fairies in this camp for kids with big imaginations.
July 5-July 7 (Tuition Prorated)
July 10-July 14
Build, take apart, revision and recreate—is the theme for this camp for hands-on challenges. This camp will allow children to dabble in physics and monkey around with architecture as they find new ways to mess about with a variety of materials.
Big Messy Art
July 17-July 21
July 24-July 28
Children will look at the world through an artist’s eyes as they take on projects where making a mess is paramount. Better wear some old clothes to this camp because the name is no joke. Kids will create, laugh, and be silly in this wildly colorful camp.
- No refunds will be issued after May 31. Prior to May 31, you will receive a refund minus a $50 processing fee.
- Pending availability you can change your schedule at any time.
- We cannot reserve places until full payment has been received.
- Summer Camp handbooks will be emailed prior to the start of camp.
- One week camp options are available to children who are signing up for the full 5 days. Families who desire a two or three day a week option must sign up for a minimum of two consecutive weeks unless your child is already enrolled in our school year program.
- A one time $25 dollar enrollment fee will be charged to summer only families not currently enrolled at OPH.
- UK discount does not apply to summer camps. A 5% sibling discount can be applied.